Château de Noirieux Relais & Châteaux in Anjou
Lying at the heart of a 9-hectare estate composed of magnificent one-hundred- and two-hundred-year-old trees, cradled in the scents of the domain's walnut, cedar and linden trees, the Château de Noirieux is an exceptional Relais & Châteaux hotel that offers a setting of greenery as far as the eye can see.
Fifteen kilometres from Angers, in Briollay, this patrician residence reveals an elegant classical façade in freestone overlooking the Loir valley. The rooms offering 4-star comfort are in the Louis XVI, Louis XV and Louis XIII style at the Chateau. Its 15th-century Manor houses pretty rooms in a Rustic style with view over the grounds.
In terms of cuisine, our Michelin-starred chef, invites to his table and endeavours to show off in their best light the jewels of the terroir of France through a cuisine at once traditional and contemporary, full of flavour to satisfy the most discerning palate. The excellence of the product is exploited according to his tastes, his expertise and his passing whims.
The Côté Bistrot will complete your food-loving stay with its range of traditional dishes with a contemporary twist.
The Relais & Châteaux Association:
The Château de Noirieux belongs to the Relais & Châteaux Association, which numbers more than 500 hotels and restaurants around the world that share the same values of excellence, the passion for fine dining and the art of welcoming guests. Founded in 1954, the association has since continued to allow its lifestyle concept to extend its influence and shine. It is today a byword in the fields of hotels and restaurants.
Excellence and refinement characterise each of the member establishments of Relais & Châteaux; these key words are the very core of the identity of the Château de Noirieux.
The oldest written records that mention Noirieux date back to 1212. We can read that this immense domain, fiefdom and seigniory belonged to Sir Matheus de Noerus whose patronymic, changed to Noirieux over time, remains forever attached to this nobiliary estate.
It was not until the end of the 15th century that the first edifice was constructed on the property, the manor house, a noble residence typical of the end of the Middle Ages, marrying mullion windows, stone masonry and half timbering.
Under the reign of the Sun King, Noirieux was enhanced with a chateau the classical elegant façade of which overlooks the picturesque Loir Valley. Over the remains of the former oratory, dedicated in 1504 to Saint Joseph, a chapel was built.
The residence of great Anjou families, Noirieux shone again in the brilliant light of its past thanks to major renovations which restored it to its former beauty in 1989.